Monday 12 March 2012

Car Boot Loot #15

Well after a rubbish start with the new charity shop, it's finally come good.  Remember I missed out on the lovely F&M picnic hamper?  I've been visiting the charity shop nearly every day after I drop the Wee Man off at school and over the weeks I have come home with some rather fabulous finds.

These are my most recent.

A set of gorgeous mini playing cards.  I bought them to put my handmade flower hair clips on.  I thought the pink birdies on the backs would look lovely.  It wasn't until I got home and had a proper look at them, I realised what a bargain I got.  All the face cards are different and oh so gorgeous.  Instead of Queens there are "Ds" and the Jacks are "Bs".  I'm thinking Duchesses and Barons?  Anyone know? I showed them to the Big Man and he suggested they should be framed since they are so lovely.





I also got a set of vintage "Lexicon" playing cards.  I know they sell on Ebay for a fair bit so I'm toying with the idea of selling them on, however my wannabe crafty mind is going into overdrive thinking of things I could do with them.  A Google search is in the offing.



Of course some more vintage china.  A set of Royal Albert Gossamer tea cups, saucers and tea plates.  I love the colours and the fine marbling detail.  A bit different from my usual vintage flowery desgins but the colours are divine.



 That's my lot for this week.  What Loot did you get?  


This post is shared on Flea Market , Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Me and My Shadow

15 comments:

  1. Those teacups are lovely and a little different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those first set of cards are lovely and the teacups are divine - beautiful colours. Humph, I haven't bought anything from a charity shop in months. Months, I tell you! *sulk*. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goody goddy yum yums.Love the cards I buy cards I dunno why lol and those are the nicest I have seen,I do love that teaset too.My finds have been few and far between but that my be because I am trying not to go so often as I am trying to dehoard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds :) Am loving those playing cards - I use cards to display my brooches/jewellery when selling - however those are almost too nice to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the mini playing cards german? I'm sure we had some with the same letters on, advertising giveaways from my dad's work years ago (Vailiant boilers).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous finds - especially the cups.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards - I will be interested to see what you end up doing with them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! None of our local car boot sales are open until April! I can't wait until I can start trolling them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a pretty haul! The tea cups are divine! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, i love everything you bought, i am looking for pretty card sets on ebay at the moment.

    I managed to buy so much this week, and all for so little. I would like to blame it on car boot season starting up again, but half of what i found were in the charity shops! Now ive just added all the photos to my blog i cant believe how much i came home with!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tea cups are so nice.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those teacups are beautiful. Just imagine a cuppa out of them (with a cake/biscuit of course) you'd feel right posh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cards and the game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cards are gorgeous, at least if you're using them for display you still get to keep them! Front or back would work - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...