Wednesday 22 June 2011

My first ever Blog Awards

Just like the 403 bus in my town, you wait and hope that one will come your way and then BAM!  Just when you're looking the other way three come hurtling towards you.  

I have been a very lucky blogger lady and been awarded my first ever Blog Awards from the gorgeous Scarlett of Scarlett Loves Elvis.  I'm rather chuffed to say the least.  Puffed up chest and everything.  Scarlett has a knack of "over hearing" the most hilarious conversations.  I seem to guffaw every time I read her posts.






I was curious about the Liebster award as it sounded rather "exotic" and found that the Liebster blog award originated in Germany and it is awarded to blogs with less than 300 followers.  The award is to help highlight these blog and introduce more readers to their gorgeousness.

So it is with very great pleasure that I nominate the following five blogs to pass the awards on to.

Joyful Treasure Hunting
ChrisTea and Cakes 
Not Quite Perfect
Vintage Tea Time
Crafty Geordi

Go check them out.

So I'm new to all this and I gather I have to now give you some random facts about myself.  I've been racking my brains for some random facts and came up with the following:

1/  When I was a child we were really poor and lived in a Glasgow tenement which consisted of two rooms and a toilet.  We had no hot water, no bath tub and no kitchen.  I slept in an alcove in the living/ dining/ kitchen/ everything room.  Mum cooked on a single electric ring thing.  Us kids bathed in the big butler sink and Mum and Dad would make a weekly visit to the public bath house.  We were so poor that the holes in our shoes were "repaired" with a large plaster.  I remember spending many evenings peeling the skin off my very damp toes.  It was Glasgow, it rained every day.

2/  I don't know how to ride a bike and am now trying to teach the Wee Man how to ride his bike without stabilisers.  Blind leading the blind!

3/  I spent a summer working as a chambermaid in New York.  I think my aversion to housework stems from this traumatic experience!

4/  I have an MA in Psychology and forgot most of everything I'd learned within a month of graduating.

5/  When I was younger my dream job was to work in television.  I did so for a year and then decided it would be better if I found a "proper" job and instead entered the corporate world.  How I wish I could go back in time and kick some sense into myself.  One souvenir I did get from my TV days was the Big Man.

So that's the five random facts about me.

Madison xxx

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the much deserved awards ;o) Loved learning a bit more about you, I have a degree in psychology and like you forgot most of it after grad too lol. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet awards!!! OH WOW!! I've got an awa.ard I've got an awa.ard nananannaaaaana

    Oh, and just for the record, I DON'T have a degree in psychology, but I can forget anything you teach me, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award! I am ever so honored!!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot diggedy dog, thanks for the award! You're too kind, now I have to think of some random facts about myself

    1) I don't have a degree in psychology, but enough about me, why don't you lie on zis couch und tell me about your mozer...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Madison, it may have taken me an eternity but I have finally got round to blogging about your lovely awards http://christeaandcakes.blogspot.com/2011/07/id-like-to-thank.html

    Thanks once again! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...