Thursday 17 February 2011

...wheat free, dairy free, egg free, soy free pancakes

What's more satisfying for a child than having freshly made pancakes for breakfast?  The Wee Man loves making pancakes with me at the weekends and the great thing is, I can make a big batch and freeze the leftovers for another day.  The best thing about the pancakes I make?  The shapes of course.  No more boring round pancakes in our house.  How about triangles, houses, planes and trains?  The only limit is your imagination.



Here's what you'll need.





1 tbsp Baking Powder (Wheat free)
Pinch of Salt 
1 tsp Caster Sugar
2 tsp Orgran No Egg (Egg Replacer)  mixed with 4 tbsp of water
30g melted Pure Sunflower Spread 
Pure Sunflower Spread  for frying

Simply put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until you have a thick but runny consistency.  Whisking is the Wee Man's job.  



Pour the mixture into a squeezy bottle.  I picked this bottle up at our local Chinese Supermarket.  It's a vinegar bottle that's used in fish and chip shops  Any squeezy bottle will do, as long as it is suitable for food use.




Heat a frying pan on a medium high heat and grease the bottom with some Pure Sunflower spread and start drawing.  Draw an outline of whatever shape you want.  Make sure that the ends meet.  Then fill in the inside.  





The Wee Man and I have a pancake game whereby he challenges me to make whatever pancake shape takes his fancy.  It can become interesting to say the least.

Here's some examples of shapes we made during our last pancake making session.  Can you guess what they are?  







3 comments:

  1. we are in the same boat as you {minus the egg}...I am going to have to bust out the cookie cutters now!

    How were these on texture? Whenever I've made GF pancakes, they are gummy in the middle...

    If you have a moment this weekend, please link up and share this recipe with my readers!

    Creative Juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicolette. The texture of these pancakes are like ordinary pancakes. You can't really tell the difference. I've linked to your blog, thank you very much.

    I'm going to start posting a lot of my allergy recipes so please do stop by again. I welcome all comments and feedback.

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be back for sure! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...